Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Miss the Snow?

Greetings from the Brannagans,

Springtime in North Carolina has beautiful birds and colorful blossoms. But, I miss the snow… Springtime in North Carolina has relaxing walks and gentle breezes. But, I miss the snow…

So when I visited Minnesota in late April, I was quite happy to wake up one morning to an inch of snow until I had to scrape it off of the car…

Miss the snow! What was I thinking?

Well, there will be no snow in the forecast for the Brannagans this month. Our daughter Wendy will be heading south from college to the warmth of Raleigh, North Carolina. Our son Michael will be heading off to the rain forests of Suriname, South America with his Peace Corps assignment. And I will be heading over to Senegal, West Africa for an amazing opportunity of ministry.

In West Africa, there is a tremendous need for Christ-like leaders and Kingdom expansion in areas of Muslim influence. Many Muslims are coming to Christ. Many churches are being planted. But, there are so few leaders. Imagine the joy new converts discover, followed by the discouragement they face when they encounter the opposition from the culture around them. Without a Christ-like leader, many fall away, and limited progress is made for the Kingdom. MentorLink is changing that.

One of the greatest investments in Muslim areas is to multiply Christ-like leaders who disciple and equip new believers. Without these leaders, evangelism and church planting tend to be short-lived. Building into these leaders through relational mentoring will result in fruit that will last.

MentorLink International has an enormous open door.

From May 17-28, over forty of the most strategic leaders from West Africa will come to Dakar, Senegal. They will arrive from the countries of Niger, Ghana, Mali, Mauritania, Nigeria, and from throughout Senegal. Most of these leaders are directly involved in front line evangelism and church planting ministries among Muslims. The significance of this training is the development of Christ-like leaders. The significance of these leaders is that other African Christian leaders will listen to these key men and women. The result of our training will be strategic leaders of West Africa mentoring others within their own nations to multiply additional Christ-like leaders. Wow! Together we can be a part of impacting West Africa by working alongside these strategic Christian leaders.

Godly leaders cannot be mass-produced through books and lectures. But Christ-like leaders can be multiplied through relationships and mentoring. This is how Jesus did it. It is right, and it works.

Thanks for helping us by holding the rope...

No comments: